Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Read it again!

Today is one of those days, when I just want to curl up with a good book and get lost!  I love getting lost in the pages of great story.  As the story unfolds from the black and white words in front of me, the movie unfolds in my mind in vivid color and detail.   Crazy thing is in every book I have ever read the main character bears I striking resemblance to myself :)  Sometimes I like a new book, one where I wait with anticipation to see how the story unfolds.  But other times, I want an old faithful, one that I have read before, one that takes me to a familiar place, takes me home.

My Old Faithfuls childrens books, young adult, and adult - i like to read them all :)
The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Anne of Green Gables Series by Lucy Maud Montgomery
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyon - i often read the abridged version with updated english :)
The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton - this is a children's book but it will always be my favorite

Do you have any old faithfuls?

When you want to get away, what do you read?

1 comment:

  1. I love to read anything written by Beverly Lewis. She write mostly about the Amish. I have learned a lot about their ways and customs from reading her stories. Her writing holds your interest. Once you start, you don't want to stop.

    ReplyDelete