Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh my what a month . . .

Last month was one of those whirlwind adventures that take forever while you there, but it seems like it flew by when there over.

It all started with a four day hospital stay for my oldest.  He got some kind of bite on his foot that infected him and his blood.  After two allergic reactions and four days in the hospital I am happy to report he is fully recovered except for a strangely colored scar.  I am still recovering . . . lol. . . as if the scare of the entire ordeal was not enough.  Sleeping on a balance beam they call a parent cot, may have altered my sleeping habits for a long time.

We left just days after recovery for a two week trip to Virginia to see my folks.  We had a great time.  Here is small list of what we did. . .
  • Somewhere in Louisiana, we saw the world's largest gummy bear
  • We found a vending machine in Alabama that had old coins - Daniel is the proud owner of a 1910 dime :) for only a quarter . . . lol
  • We hit more buffets than one can imagine.  Breakfast buffets are the kids favorite.
  • We picked wild raspberries to make daddy a pie
  • We camped near a field of horses that Emily found to be quite enjoyable.
  • Daniel made sure the camp fire was always going and became quite the firework master.
  • We went to a drive thru safari - my vehicle will never be the same - and neither will my shoulder - Zebra's bit hard. . . lol.
  • We explored Dixie Cavern in VA - my kid's still have no idea I have a fear of caves.  I must admit I was an amazing actress that day.
  • We swam at some pretty cool places.
  • The boys built a teepee complete with sides and flooring, they even built furniture with uncle ryan.
  • They had a great time with their mamaw and papaw.  The golf cart was a big hit.
  • Emily and I spent the day with an old high school friend and her daughter and had the best time.  Realized with good friends time has no meaning.  It was like we had seen each yesterday not 12 years ago.
  • We spent the day with my brother and his family.  The cousins had a great time playing.  We let them play late into the night and one point they came from their room so excited - "We played until tomorrow" 
  • On our trip home we toured the Mayfield Creamer.
  • And last but not least (lol) we found truck stop in LA that live tiger's!!!! I don't know what was more exciting to Micah the tiger's or the truck's.  :)
That's just the short list :)  While we had a amazing time, I realized that two weeks is long time be away from your soul mate.  I was so happy to be in arms again. While the trip seemed to be long while we were adventuring, when I was wrapped in his hug again, it was all just moment.

Thanks to mom and dad, who made our adventure possible.  And thanks to my husband who stayed back and worked, so we would have a home to come home too.  I am truly blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment