Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Silent While Talking

So, what is it about a mom's voice that seems to go unheard?  No, I am not talking about anything political, nothing that big at all.   I am talking about simple everyday, mom is talking and no one responds kinda thing.

Yesterday, had many of those moments, when I know very well that I audibly spoke things.  Yet at the days close, many in the room argued the fact.

And today after rising many hours ago and reminding ever so many time that school started an hour ago.  I sit in the schoolroom alone . . .

I try so hard not to be the nagging mom who always has something bad to say, another problem to take care of, another task to accomplish. . . but when my words fall of deaf ears, I am left with no choice, but to repeat myself time and time again right?

Think I am gonna try something different today.   No nagging, no repeating, just simple calm instruction.  I read a cute saying on pineterest - speak in a low whisper, it more intimidating.

Dear God,
I have to believe that you gave me voice because I have important things to say.
Help me to know when to say those and when to shut up.
Allow my voice to have an audience.
Allow it to be a voice of encouragement, support, and guidance.
Don't let me fall into the trap of having a voice that everyone tunes out, because it has nothing to say worth hearing.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing and acceptable unto you, Oh Lord, my rock and my redeemer"

Amen

PS.  Lord, feel free to give a good hearing test, just to make sure they still know how to listen :)

1 comment:

  1. oh how i hear you. How is it that they can be looking straight at you when you tell them what you want them to do and then later when you check to see if its done its not or not the way you asked. And they act like they had no clue.
    At a parenting class at church one mom said she had read somewhere that they had to hear what you are telling them 200 times before they get it. Since I heard that I whisper to myself that number 200 times.

    ReplyDelete