Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Waiter

Well, I used to think I was a great waiter.  No not the person who takes your order, refreshes your drinks, and gets a great tip at the end of the night.  I mean the person who sits, watches, and embraces each moment that is passing in no hurry to get to the next moment.

Well, if you are know me and are already laughing, stop it. . . since you didn't tell me or I didn't listen when you did.  I have learned all on my own that I am a horrible waiter.

Six months now I have been waiting for the next step in our life to unfold.  Something that I thought would take a couple of weeks, has now morphed into six longs months with no end in site.

I look back at those six months and become so frustrated. . . I never once stopped and embraced the moment (well maybe once or twice) but over all I flopped.  I put my life on auto pilot and coasted through six month of my life.

Six month of memories, six months of devotions, six months of moments that make life sweet and enjoyable all just pushed to the back burner, because that day might be the day that it would all end.  That day might be the day the waiting would be over.

I can't go back.  The past is the past, but as I sit here and think about tomorrow.  I want my thoughts to focus on the little things of the day.  The memories, the teachable moments, the laughs, the quiet time in God's arms. . .not the anxious thought that tomorrow could be the end of the waiting.

Dear Lord,
I am not praying for patience!!!!
But I am praying that I learn to be a great waiter.
And if you want to include tips - that would be great :)
Amen

1 comment:

  1. This is good.....I especially like the part of the prayer that says "and if you want to include tips"......I need to learn how to be a good waiter too....Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete