Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hold the Goat!


We share our goat milk with Cowboy, the baby goat.  He gets momma all day and he sleeps in a pen by himself at night.  I go out early in the morning and milk, Ms. Charlotte, before Cowboy gets out.  This way everyone gets milk :)

This morning however, Cowboy broke out of his pen before I had finished milking.  So here was the picture in the goat pen this morning.  Ms. Charlotte locked in the milking stand eating her morning grains, me sitting on the milking stool with a baby goat across my lap holding him down with my elbows, while I continued to milk.  Cowboy will not go in the history books as a quiet kid.  Let's add some sound to this whole scene, imagine Cowboy screaming at the top of his lungs.  Seriously folks, he sounds like a real child who is in some sort of danger.  We set for the next 20 minutes - Charlotte eating, me milking and holding (down) the goat, and Cowboy screaming.

See Cowboy didn't seem to understand that if he just rested there for a moment, it wouldn't be long and he could have all the milk he wanted.  He didn't understand that he had the opportunity to just spend some time with the farmer.  Cowboy loves his farmer, I was there when he was born.  I was the first person he saw, the first thing of the outside world to touch him.  I helped him take his first breath.  So, he trust me more than any other person on this earth and I often find he likes to just be near me.  Yet in this moment, he was so overcome with what he didn't have, he couldn't see what he already had.

If you haven't got the sermon for yourself out of this story, let me type it out for you. . .
We have the chance to lay in the lap of God almighty, while He cares for those around us.  Yet, oh so many times, we spend our entire time in His lap crying about the things we can't have.  We have no idea that if we just enjoyed the time in His lap and took in His presence, before too very long we would have our fill of all the thing we need.

1 comment:

  1. This goes right along with your Dad's sermon of last night. The Lord must really be trying to tell me something. Thanks. Love you post. I need some time on the Master's lap. Love you.

    ReplyDelete