Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Simple or Complex

I have found that simple is better than complex in so many areas, recently.

Here is an example of one -

I tried for so long to find, create, use curriculum that was bright and vivid, full of stuff and pleasing to the eye. Recently I felt impressed to go with a new curriculum that was very plain and to the point, but very God centered. Oh my goodness, what a difference. They sit and do their work. They organize their desk and papers. They even want to do the lessons.

So, if your days seem to be an overload on the senses. . .

If you find your kids having trouble focusing . . .


. . .maybe just maybe simple is better that complex.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I totally agree. And not just with school. We've been pitching and de-cluttering a lot lately. I've found that with not as many toys in the house they are more content to play with the ones we have. And I've been really picky about which ones I keep. Toys that require batteries are going to be tossed first over things like legos, puzzles etc. Less is more!!!

    By the way....what curriculum are you using now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Dawn, it is once again time to purge our toys. We started using Rod and Staff for English. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete