Sunday, May 29, 2011

Do you like change?

I am not a big material person.  You could say my house is decorated in minimalist style.  But I do love fresh looks.  I just completed the quad-annual, rearrange the house so everything feels new.  I like walking into a room that feels fresh, new, clean.  I have moved all the furniture, rearrange the cabinets, and found new homes for many items.  This will last for a season and then my nomadic spirit of change will rise again and my husband will no longer be able to find the plates.

What about you, do you like fresh looks and change?
How often do you rearrange?

Come on guys . . . I need to know if I am normal or not?  . . .lol . . . I am afraid it's too late for that, but I would like to know!

3 comments:

  1. Part of it is due to your background of moving every so often. You just need things to look different and new. I have a suggestion...every month you should send one of your children to their Mamaw for a month, then switch with another grandchild. Just keep rotating the three around each time. Then your life and your house will always seems new and different. Excellent suggestion, don't you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - mom, today i would take you up on it! but their daddy may not agree - wish Daniel would hurry up and invent his tele-porter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't have a specific period of time, but sometimes i just walk into a room and think, "yeah, this has got to change." sometimes i think it's triggered by clutter. if i get overwhelmed by how messy something is, my initial response is to take everything out and start afresh.

    plus i get bored.

    ReplyDelete