Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick Meals

Ok, you find yourself crunched for time and you need a meal quick.
We know that picking up something is not in the budget, so what do you do?

What is your favorite throw together meal?

I will give you a few of mine to get started :)

Jar of Alfredo and bag of noodles - $2.00 for Alfredo and $.50 for noodles - just feed whole family for $2.50, if we want to splurge we add a can of white meat chicken for an extra $1.50
Pancakes or Waffles - total cost of all ingredients runs me about $2 - again if we want to splurge I might cook some bacon or sausage for an additional $2 or $3
Pizza Baked Spaghetti - fast and easy, just cook some of your favorite noodles, put in baking pan, top with a can of spaghetti sauce and then top like a pizza and bake - total cost about $5

Now tell me yours . . . I can't wait to try them.  I am always running out of time!

5 comments:

  1. Grilled cheese sandwiches ... We also do pancakes with eggs. I haven't stopped to think about the cost per meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea... I will start paying attention to what we are cooking so we can add our 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. from my friend krisiti -I was trying to post this on your blog - but it wld let me ........on quick meals !!!!! We do baked potatos ..potatos are less about a buck .... butter , cheese , sour cream we normally have and sometimes by a tub of chopped bbq and make BBQ baked potatos ... and the potatos take about 10m mins in the microwave !!! When I was a kid my mom would make bbq wienies and mac-n cheese for a quick meal ... take a package of hot dogs, cut them into pieces , throw them in a pot and add a jar of bbq sauce with a little bit of water...heat and serve (Box of mac-n-cheese) it is YUMMY !!!! Dont knock it till u try it !!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi - i am so not knocking it - i have tried it - my kids love bbq hotdogs
    and we eat baked potatoes often - we usually have them a couple days after we have had chili and use our left over chili as a topping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. tortillas, can of refried beans, shredded cheese and a pot of hot rice. (this one usually comes out when the pantry's almost empty, too.)

    ReplyDelete